Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Treasure Is In Heaven

Most of the time I dream about great big, run down houses, or just plain houses. All of my life I have lived in nice houses, but nothing very fancy. I've always had enough, have learned to be satisfied with what I have. I don't envy those with amazingly beautiful homes, because they have given up something in order to have that.
I wrote the other day about God working on me as far as "stuff" goes. It seems that when I do get something new, it quickly ends up not so new, and I'm okay with that. The thing that is most important is that our family is together and we love Jesus. Sure, I'd love a different color on the walls in the living room, the bathroom to be finished, the floor in the dining room to be different, but I'm not willing to give up being home with my girls, teaching them what really matters, in order to have all that. My home will never "look" like the homes on HGTV, but it is warm, safe, comfortable, relaxing and happy.
The other night I had a dream about a house again. I wonder if God gave me the dream because He and I both know that I truly am content with having "enough", though it's not what the world considers enough. This time, the house was absolutely beautiful. It had all my favorite colors, all my favorite things, put together in ways I wouldn't have imagined to do. It was so cozy looking and feeling. It was better than anything I've ever seen on TV or in magazines. It was amazing. It still gives me the warm fuzzies when I think about it.
I woke up so excited thinking about the rooms in my dream. I have become so content with what I have, never imagining or really wanting anything more. I woke up remembering that Jesus said He was going to prepare a place for us! This dream was a reminder that He is preparing a place just for me in Heaven with Him for eternity! I've known that since the day I was saved, but this dream made it personal to me. I've always imagined Heaven as a huge sanctuary with everyone worshipping God , singing and laughing--a glorified Gaither special! I never really thought of it as Him preparing a personal place for me.
Have you ever REALLY thought, personally, about Heaven? Would it change the way you do things on earth if you realized that Christ was preparing all that you can't even begin to imagine for you in Heaven? Can you be satisfied with less "stuff" here, take care of what matters eternally--your relationship with Christ--because nothing you have on earth matters except Jesus and love.
Is a picture perfect earthly house really worth your children, when you know that if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, He is preparing a glorious place for you? They say good things come to those who wait.......invest in you and your family's spiritual well-being, be content with less "stuff", build up treasures in Heaven, rather than on earth.

1 comment:

  1. perfect, Holly. Just perfect. My home is NOT perfect, but I find that I don't mind at all. The people in my life? They're not perfect either. But God? He's perfect, and nothing else matters.

    ReplyDelete