Thursday, November 19, 2009

Send The Lion Away Hungry!

It is written: Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. (1Peter5:8)
Last night I had another dream but this time it wasn't the beauty of the house that I was admiring. I was inside the house looking out the window when I saw a lion. I wasn't the least bit scared because I knew he was outside and I was safe inside, with the doors closed. My girls were with me and were a little nervous until I assured them he couldn't get in a house with closed doors and windows.
The next thing you know, he's in the house! I calmly shooed the girls upstairs and followed behind them so that I was between them and the lion. Just when we felt safe again, there he was, like out of nowhere. We tried to be as quiet as possible and squeezed tightly together--I don't know, maybe trying to be invisible to him? Suddenly he was right behind me and he was licking my back! He never did bite or attack, just licked, like he was getting a taste.
I woke up quoting 1 Peter 5:8--I was a little startled that without even thinking, I was calling out scripture.
I'm no dream interpreter and symbolism is often lost on me, but I definetly spent the day more aware of the dangers of the devil. I know the doors and windows to my spirit are shut, but I realize how sneaky and devious and subtle satan is and we must never be caught unaware. We have an enemy and he is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. I can't shut the doors and windows to my daughters' spirits, that's between them and God. But I can and must protect them while they are in my care. I can do this by being sure that they get a steady diet of God's Word and as little of satan's propaganda as possible.
Are your doors and windows shut? Are you aware of how that lion can find his way in, even when you think you've got everything closed up? Take time to think about ways he could possibly be getting to you, then tell him to forget it! Put on your armor (Ephesians 6:11)and teach your kids to do the same. I'm certain that the reason the lion in my dream licked me and didn't bite or attack is because of the armor. I'm also certain that if I took the time to put it on every day like I should, he never would have been in my dream in the first place. I won't make that mistake again!!
So, we know we have an enemy, acting like a roaring lion. We also know that our protection from him is in Christ. If we stay where we should be--as close to Jesus as possible-- then that lion will have to go away hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment