Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fodder for prayer

Yesterday the girls and I were in the very slow line waiting to check out in the very big store. We had plenty of time to try not to look at the gossip rags all around us. Oh my, so many people, so many stories, some maybe true, most likely not. My oldest asked me again about the things she was seeing. She did learn a new word--paralyzed. She even pronounced it correctly so I guess they are good for something!! Anyway, I tried to pray for those around us in the store instead of being tempted to look at the headlines. God gave me a different idea.
Psalm 15:1-3 says "Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman, "
Isn't our main concern supposed to be the lost? I'm pretty sure every person involved in the making of these particular types of magazine are lost, otherwise they wouldn't be making the magazine! The verses above describe these people. Instead of ignoring them, this time I saw them as fodder for prayer! I began to pray for every person that had anything to do with the making of the magazine, including the unfortunate people who were the targets.
Some people don't take prayer very seriously, but it's our way of communicating with the Lord, what else could be more powerful?

No comments:

Post a Comment