Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Time and Place

Today I'm thinking about the fact that so many people leave Christ out of everything. I admit I was one of these people for most of my life. I haven't always been a Jesus freak. For a long time I thought there was a time and a place for "God talk". Even after I was saved, I was hesitant to give credit where credit is due.

Raising children changes things. Raising children to take full hold of their heritage, as children of the Lord, changes things. I can't teach them the importance of a relationship with Christ, giving God the glory, praying at all times, God as Creator, Jesus as Savior, the Bible as life manual, Godly character, etc, etc, etc; and then say "oh,yea, some people will be uncomfortable if you mention God, so..there is a time and a place to bring him up". I can't do that, and I won't do that.

Thankfully God has handled that, too. Deuteronomy 6:5-9 gives me license to "loose the lips" and talk about my favorite thing CONSTANTLY!!!! And to teach my girls the same thing. The Bible says in these verses: "Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."

Any questions? If so, refer to Ephesians 6:18--"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints."

The Bible doesn't just give me permission, but requires that I talk, think, pray, display Christ ALL the time! Not just when society tells me it's appropriate, but ALL the time. And it also requires me to teach my girls to do the same. I thank God that they will never have to spend a day of their lives without Him. If we are obedient to God's word, and teach our children to be obedient to it also, then this lifestyle won't seem so strange and impossible to so many people. The more they hear "God talk", the more likely they'll be to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment