Monday, October 26, 2009

The Writing On The Wall

In my effort to keep things simple, I sometimes find myself "working" to keep it simple.
With the different holidays approaching and the fact that I wasn't raised with a biblical approach to them, I'm struggling with what I know now, and what I knew then. I want my girls to experience the same joy and excitement that I did. I want them to experience Christ, the right way, in them. I realized this week that I have been taking an all or nothing approach and sucking the fun right out of it all. I've been "working" so hard to figure it out that I haven't let God show me how to do it.
Today we are starting something new, in order to get our hearts and minds in line with what the next few months are all about. We are hanging 2 pieces of paper on the wall. ( Yep, right on the wall! What do you think the professional decorators would say about that?!) On one of them, we will keep a list of all the ways that God is showing His love for us throughout the day. On the other, we will keep a list of all the ways we can show love to others.
It's simple. Just a list on the wall. Not some fancy journal, not inside a computer program, the writing will be right there on the wall. There will be no work needed to figure it out--just a simple list of the ways we see God loving us. Constant reminders of the goodness of our Creator, and since we are made in His image--constant reminders of what we can be doing to pass along that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment