Friday, October 16, 2009

Nearly Naked--No Sale!

Tonight was meeting of the heirs night. We were all gathered in the living room talking and watching a food show. During a commercial break we were carrying on when suddenly everyone was looking at the television and everyone had a perplexed look on their face. I turned to see a man stripping down to his underwear while making popcorn. Mind you, this is the food network channel I'm talking about, not some of the channels you'd expect it from. We were all in agreement that we couldn't understand why it was necessary to have a man in his underwear in a popcorn commercial. They probably figured they would get people's attention by having a nearly naked man, and certainly sell more of their product. I wonder if they realized there would be people like me who will certainly NOT buy their product BECAUSE they had a nearly naked man trying to sell it to me.
Some may call me a prude and tell me to lighten up, but I know what values followers of Christ are supposed to uphold. I wonder, if everyone who claimed to love Jesus would stop buying this particular brand of popcorn, would they stay in business? If we would take a stand against all the garbage the world tries to make us deal with, what would the world be like? Should we really blame satan for all the evil in the world? Or are we responsible for allowing it to continue and progress?
IMAGINE!!! What an impact we could make if would draw the line with the secular world. Enough is enough! We don't want half (or whole) naked people selling us stuff. We don't want to hear the Lord's name in vain in movies and tv shows. We're not going to buy products or spend our money on anything that is in opposition to Christ. Can you imagine how different things would (could) be?!
What's really important to you? I've said it before and I'll say it again--"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord" (Joshua 24:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment