Thursday, October 15, 2009

Manners? What Are They?

Today we had a friend join us for lunch. It's the first time someone outside the family has been at our house for a meal in a long time. I never noticed that my children didn't have the best table manners, until today. My three year old was in and out of her chair, ate her noodles with her fingers, held them above her head, tore her sandwich apart, sucked her noodles (loudly), burped, talked with her mouth full.....and I've never been prouder!
Now, I'm not pleased with the lack of manners, which usually don't stand out until you're looking at them from someone else's perspective. What I am proud of, is the fact that while all this is going on, she's rattling off scripture verses!! Our friend even commented that my daughter probably knew more of them than she did.
I told my husband about lunch time and that I thought we needed to crack down a little on table manners. He is certain that God is loving our daughter just the way she is.
So, if you're coming to our house for a meal, be prepared! You won't witness the best table manners, but you will see a three year old being a great witness!

No comments:

Post a Comment