Monday, August 17, 2009

An Attitude of Gratitude

Mary Ann Vincent said, "An atheist's most embarrassing moment is when he feels profoundly thankful for something, but can't think of anybody to thank for it."
The Bible says, "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name."
I thank God that he has opened my eyes to His truth. How pathetic life is without having Him to run to with thanks. I should think an atheist would not just be embarrassed, but desperately sad and empty. I have a hard time understanding that people don't believe in God. I have an even harder time understanding that people DO believe in Him, and still don't live for Him.
There is nothing sweeter than when my girls share what they know of Jesus with others. They are bold enough to just say it. My youngest saw a cross the other day and said to the woman standing near us, "Do you know who hung on a cross? Jesus!" Oh, to have the words come out as naturally as they do from a 3 year old who has only known a life with Jesus.
My oldest was having some quality time with her papa when I heard her ask him if he reads a Bible. How I've wanted to ask, yet it didn't feel right. I know, you've read some of my posts and I certainly don't sound like I'm afraid to talk God with anyone. Somehow this is different. There's too much between us. At least that's the lie that has hold of me right now. I know it's the enemy trying to choke me so I don't speak the words that need to be said.
For now, I'll let the enemy think he's won. He doesn't know the power of God through precious children.
I'm thankful for my girls and their innocent boldness. I'm thankful for open eyes. I'm thankful for a God that is everywhere, even the places we're afraid to go. I'm thankful that no matter where we've been or what we've done, there is a God who knows it all and still loves us. I'm thankful that even when we drop the ball and miss a chance to "talk God" with someone, He knows and always has a backup plan. I will give thanks to Him and praise His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment