Monday, August 24, 2009

True Devotion

1 Thessalonians 5:16 tells us to "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." There are many situations where this could be a little difficult, right? Money problems, lost job, lost hair, troubled relationships, divorce, illness.
What about the loss of a child? Could we be joyful in the loss of a child? Could we give thanks in that circumstance? Could we believe that this could be God's will for us? Would we still trust Him and love Him? Could we praise Him while enduring this kind of tragedy?
This week I'm asking you to keep a family in your prayers that is living this life. A year ago this week, their 3.5 year old boy went home to be with Jesus. He had somehow removed his life jacket and wandered back to the pond they had been swimming in. No one (on earth) saw it happen. They discovered him too late.
His name was Christian! Mom, Marsha, is part of Heart of the Matter and has her own blog, www.othersuchhappenings.com . God has His arms firmly around Marsha, and is using this situation in ways that are amazing. I have learned soo much from reading her posts. Of course she is heartbroken, desperately misses her littlest man, but she brings life to the scripture I quoted above!
God has used her to make me a better mom. Anytime I let the stress of the day start to get to me, and I get frustrated with my girls, (especially my blonde haired, blue eyed 3.5 year old,) He brings Christian and Marsha to my mind. That's all it takes for the love and appreciation to pour out of my heart, not to mention some serious prayers for Marsha, David, Austin and Noah.
So please, take some time to pray for them this week. Take a trip to her blog to see what relying fully on God looks like. You'll be a better person for it, I guarantee.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Holly, I am so glad you are encouraged and strengthened somehow through the path that God has given us.

    Thank you so much for praying for me and my family. I know people often say that they pray and sometimes become flippant with those words (I have been guilty of this myself at times)... but they DO make a difference! Sometimes the answers are not what we wish them to be, but our mighty and loving God hears them, hears all the desires of our heart.

    I hope you have a wonderful week with your princesses!

    Much love,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete