Wednesday, August 19, 2009

God Is In Control

I love how personal the scriptures are. No matter what is going on at any time in one's life, there is a scripture that relates. Right now I'm especially enjoying Psalm 143:8. "Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You."
Of course, first of all, you have to be talking to the Lord to hear His lovingkindness. Then you have to trust Him. Then you have to sit back and let Him work His magic.
My husband and I were talking tonight about a few things that are going on right now. We know God is doing something, we just don't know what, yet. So, we have a choice. We can either drive ourselves crazy trying to figure out what He's doing, and "help" Him. Or we can be still and know that He is God.
I'm actually very excited to see how He's going to handle some of the things that our human minds can't fathom. If we can give up control and really trust God to do what needs to be done, what a story we'll have to tell!
My hubby, on the other hand, is a pro-active planner. I just know God is laughing at the thought of him squirming in wonder as to how it will all play out! God DOES have a sense of humor.
For now I will sing the song God has put in my heart--Trust and Obey--and I will sit back and enjoy the ride. One day I will have a good story to tell. And maybe my hubby will relax and enjoy this God-watch with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment