Friday, August 7, 2009

I Am Not Ashamed

"One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving. Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done." (Psalm 62:11-12)

Those verses suggest God will reward you by what you do. You aren't saved by what you do, but you prove your salvation by what you do. I don't want people to wonder if I love God, I want it to be perfectly clear. I especially want God to know that I am what I claim to be--a wretched sinner who gets through each day only by the grace of God and the knowledge that He loves me.

Recently a local man died and I was overcome with the realization that he may very well be in hell. I don't know if he knew Jesus Christ. The obituaries (not just his) list all sorts of accomplishments, club memberships, relatives, hobbies, etc., but they don't mention Jesus Christ. They don't mention what the person has done to further the Kingdom, how they have loved, or encouraged others in the Lord, if they even know Jesus.

This blog is the mission ground the Lord has given me. This is one way I can spread the word about Jesus Christ and His place in your life. I don't want my obituary to list worldly success, I want it to say I tried to tell people the Truth--whether they like it or not. I love my heavenly Father and I'm not ashamed to talk about Him. I'm not afraid to read my Bible and find out what He thinks is important. And I'm not afraid to share what I learn from Him. My reward for obeying Him and sharing His Truth with others will be in heaven. He said his followers wouldn't be popular with the world, he even said we'd be hated by the world. That's a chance I'm willing to take, for your sake as well as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment