Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Confession Time

My husband and I have been married a little more than 8 years. We have been blessed with 2 beautiful girls that I have the honor and priveledge of staying home with and raising. My husband is a faithful, hardworking, loving, bible-believing, sometimes grumpy, honest man.
Here comes the confession: Since the moment we said "I do", there has been someone else!
He came between us then, and has stayed there for our entire marriage. He is the one I go to first, before I even speak to my husband. He is the one I do everything for. He is my reason for living. He gives me what my husband can't give me. He says the things I need to hear. He can read my mind, and knows my heart. He loves me in a way no one on earth possibly could. He is the reason my marriage is as good as it is. Without him, I know my marriage would fall apart.
Have you guessed who the other man is? It's God. He is the only other man you should have--and you SHOULD have Him in your marriage.
When you read Ephesians 5 (the whole chapter), you see how to make sure you have a successful marriage. Each of us needs to look only to God and our spouse. When you start feeling unhappy, restless, unappreciated, undesirable, bored, etc...then you look no where else but to God and your own heart. Read Ephesians 5 a few times until it sinks in your head and your heart. God tells us what to do, and not do, for a fulfilling marriage.
One of the many reasons that I avoid most television shows and movies, is the way they portray relationships. The more you see that garbage, the more you think you have a raw deal and there is something better and more exciting out there. I spent years looking for the right guy that treated me the way I wanted to be treated and you know what I discovered? He doesn't live on earth! The best way to have the spouse you want is to turn off the television, put down the magazines, pick up the Bible, and look to God. He is the only role model worth having.
If your spouse isn't making you happy, then have an affair! Just make sure "the other man" is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment