Saturday, August 29, 2009

Focus On God

Isn't it funny how God makes us each SO different? Isn't it funny how satan makes us each feel SO much like failures.
I was reading what one women thought as she read Lamentations 2. Especially verse 11-My eyes fail because of tears, My spirit is greatly troubled;My heart is poured out on the earth, because of the destruction of the daughter of my people, When little ones and infants faint in the streets of the city.
She was feeling bad because instead of her heart being broken for people in need, she gives financially, or physically.
When I was reading it, I was feeling bad because I can't give financially when there is a need. But I think I told you before about this overactive empathetic heart of mine.
If we let the devil have a foothold, and believe the lie he tells us, she and I both will be useless. If we do everything with a heart for God, He can use her physical gifts with my heart gifts and there is a huge blessing. The devil loses this one, too! Each part of the body working together!
Here we are again, talking about focus. If we focus on ourselves and what things mean for us, satan can get in and mess with us. If we focus on the scriptures and what God says about our situations, satan doesn't have a chance to tell us any lies and render us useless!
If we spend our time fretting because we don't fill a need the way we think we should, everyone loses. Well, everyone except satan.
God is showing me how to use this heart He gave me, and I'm listening to Him. What is God trying to show you? Are you listening? Are you focusing on His words, or letting satan lie to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment