Sunday, September 6, 2009

Children of the Light

Hubby, Dad and girls were painting our house this weekend. The girls helped in a way only a 3yo and 7yo can, but actually I was surprised at what a good job they did!
At one point the youngest was singing "I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart..." She often walks around singing tunes to and about our Lord.
Today, she was with me in church, during communion. While Pastor was talking about the blood of Jesus and how it was shed, she quietly (for her!) caught her breath and exclaimed "he's talking about Jesus!"
Anytime she sees a cross, she tells people what it means. She sings whenever she feels like it. She talks to God as if He's right there with her.
My point is not to brag about my little angel (she's a sinner, like the rest of us), my point is that she is a reminder to me of Ephesians 5:8. "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light..."
Did you ever notice society tells us it's time to grow up! Quit acting like a child! Hmm.... The bible tells us the opposite. It tells us, more than once, to act like children! Children don't care what people will say about their singing. Children aren't shy about talking about Christ. Children get excited and aren't afraid to show it.
I challenge you this week to act like a child! The bible says that's the way to show your love for Christ. Children also have a tendency to rebel--this week, rebel against society and refuse to grow up! Act like a child of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment