Saturday, September 19, 2009

Super Powers!!

I found out today that I have super powers!
Here's what happened....sweet daughter 1 was asked to take the dog out (her regular chore). For whatever reason, she didn't want to be very cooperative about it. I could have begged, threatened, whined, done it myself, but nope--I used my super powers!
Let me give you the background....our curriculum for reading has stories that are based on scripture verses. This past week's story scripture verse was Proverbs 12:10--A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast.
So, what was my super power in this dog situation? It wasn't "because I said so", I didn't rely on parenting power. Instead I relied on God power--scripture. I quoted Proverbs 12:10 to her--A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast.
Because we had learned it last week, and she really enjoyed the story, and she really loves God, quoting scripture worked alot better than nagging.
I hear people say you need to hide scripture in your heart. You absolutely have to memorize scripture, but don't hide it! Use it! It's incredibly handy in all situations.
My daughter stopped for a second, looked at me, and then cheerfully took the dog out. I was so excited with these amazing super powers that I ran to my hubby and told him we need to start studying all the scriptures related to child-rearing because it was so much more powerful than anything I could have come up with on my own.
Try it yourself and see if you don't get positive results!

No comments:

Post a Comment