Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Warning!!

It's too quiet this afternoon. Little one is at Grandma's, older one is gathering firewood with Daddy. Mommy has alone time. It doesn't happen very often, and I almost can't enjoy it. Oh, wait....yes I can!!
I was listening to Focus on the Family today on the radio and now that it's so peaceful here, I have a chance to really focus on what I heard. Dr. Dobson was interviewing a woman that wrote a book about mommies being angry. She told about an incident that led her to write this particular book, and boy could I relate! I haven't read the book, so I don't know what it's all about, but she shared a bit about her sometimes less than glorious journey with her children.
I was laughing, I was crying, I was thinking, I was praying. She mentioned hormones being an issue with mommies--yep!!! She mentioned being tired--yep! She mentioned how one day, everything would go really well, the next day--not so much.
It really got me thinking about life in my house. Hormones are definitely something to be reckoned with--thank the good Lord my husband has his eyes opened to that!! I have made sure my husband realizes that sometimes I'm just plain unreasonable--hug the monster and maybe it will go away!
If I warn my girls and teach them to be aware of the rotten hormones now, at their tender age, maybe they won't be ruled by them as they get older.? We warn our children about so many things that can cause them to stumble, how many of us have thought to talk about hormones?
See what happens when I have time on my hands? But seriously, we all have them. They are involved in alot of life-issues. Teach them the pros and cons of having hormones, equip them with appropriate scripture, and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment