Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The affect of a Blue Sucker

It's not easy living the life God desires. Worth it? Absolutely. Difficult? Absolutely! Thankfully I know that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

It's imperative that I start every morning with that scripture in order to survive this life He has called me to. My human-ness would have me give it up. My love for Christ and the eternal destiny of my daughters' souls keeps me going.

Colossians 3:16&17 says--Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Now, I take that quite seriously--"WHATEVER you do.....do it ALL"!!! That is a big order to fill. Not just some stuff that you do, ALL that you do. Actually, that's the easy part....until you add the world. The world tells us the exact opposite of what God's word tells us. So, you have a choice. You either obey God or you obey the world (satan). My husband and I choose to obey God and the most difficult part is that most people choose to obey the world (satan). We can't lock ourselves in our home and never come out, and so the choices of the people who don't obey God affect our family. Even some people who claim to belong to God fall victim to the world and make choices that aren't obedient to God's word.

I can't make people obey God. I can't make people understand they are being disobedient. I just pray that eyes would be opened and hearts would desire God's will. It's really not that hard to obey God. The hard part is the influence of the people who are not being obedient to God's word. I am raising my girls to be obedient to Christ. My calling would be less difficult if more people would join me. I dare you to take a stand against the world, and for Christ.
Copy Colossians 3:16&17 on an index card and post it where you'll see it often. Choose to obey Him in ALL things. Don't compromise a bit--have you ever eaten a blue sucker? Everybody can see that you ate something blue. The same is true of ALL the things you do and say---they show the world what you've been doing! Make sure you're showing them God.

No comments:

Post a Comment