Monday, July 13, 2009

Cell phone vs. Bible

I read a little story once about what would happen if people treated their Bibles like their cell phones. I don't have a cell phone, but that day I put a small Bible in my purse and carry it with me everywhere. I find I refer to it more and more often and so I'm thrilled that it's so close by at all times. We are incredibly blessed and spoiled because we have numerous Bibles in our house. Some people are probably annoyed because no matter where you are--kitchen, bedroom, living room, bathroom--there is a Bible! (Kinda like some people I know with their cell phones :-) )
Anyway, scripture says--"Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life" (Proverbs 4:13) Need I say more? I like to take things literally--The Bible is my instruction manual from God. I guard it well and it IS my life.
I've said before that I go to my expert for wisdom and answers. When I can't make a decision I know it's because I haven't gone to my cell phone---I mean Bible (haha).
I wish I would see more people on the sidewalk reading their Bible, rather than talking on the phone. No one gets a strange look for being on the phone, but I bet if you were reading your Bible you'd get some funny looks. How sad.
My life, as I said before, is simply sacred. I do the things God calls me to do. I don't do the things God doesn't call me to do. How do I know if He's called me to something? He's IN it!! If He's not a part of it--neither am I. Just recently I gave up something that was taking too much of my time and energy in a direction that wasn't bringing the Lord into the lives of the people involved. It's not a "bad" organization, it even names God in it's promise. The problem is, it has become something used by satan to keep people BUSY!!! Satan is the deceiver. He will use whatever he can to further his own kingdom and he loves to keep people busy and preoccupied. The busier you are, the less time you're spending with God. And so, I can't stress enough, the importance of living a simply sacred life. Who cares what the world thinks of you?!
I dare you to drop the cell phone, pick up a Bible and "...do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life." Don't let satan deceive you into busy-ness!

No comments:

Post a Comment