Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Useful Tears

I have been blessed with an empathetic heart. Sometimes it feels more like a curse, but when I feel that way God reminds me of His many promises. 1 Corinthians 15:58 says "Be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord's work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless."
NOTHING you do for the Lord is ever useless. That means EVERYTHING you do for the Lord is useful. That includes crying out on someone else's behalf. My empathetic heart is never useless!
Satan would have me believe otherwise. People tease me about the tears that come rather easily. Sometimes I feel self-conscious about them. Satan wants me to believe that if they come so easily then I must just be a sap. But I know the truth. I have learned to take every thought captive and make it obedient to the word of God. The word of God tells me that nothing I do for him is useless!! So the devil loses that battle! And the woman with the sick child that I was crying out for wins.
She still has a sick child, but she has the prayers and tears of someone she doesn't even know exists. She is travelling a miserably difficult road and my empathetic heart has taken on her cause with intercessory prayer. I don't let satan make me question the heart-wrenching sobs--this mother needs anything I can give her. I believe it when God tells me nothing I do for Him is useless. I also believe there is a mother out there who is counting on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment