Monday, July 20, 2009

"How I See Is How I Grow"

Garbage in, garbage out. We've all heard that, right? Scripturally it can be said this way: "The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness." (Matthew 6:22,23)
That means whatever you read, listen to, watch, play, --whatever you "put in" is what you'll get out. Someone I know says "how I see is how I grow". That means perspective, too.
Besides the fact that what you sow is what you reap; the things and people you spend your time with are what make the person that you are. You know-the company you keep?
Okay, I guess I got that point across. What troubles me is that we all have heard almost all of the things I just said and still don't "get" it. We think if we have more money we'll be happy. We think if we have the body we want, we'll be happy. We think if we have a fancy house, new car, better job......But guess what? Where are you looking for approval? The magazines? Your best friend? Your parents? The neighbor? (keeping up with the Joneses)
We are made in God's image. If you are unhappy with the way you look---stop reading the garbage that says you aren't good enough! It's really that simple. God says we are made in His image--are you really going to let some magazine or diet program or T.V. show tell you anything different?
"How I see is how I grow." If we look in the places God wants us to look, then we will suffer so much less. How it must pain Him to watch His children struggle with so much because that rotten satan tricks us. You know where to find the truth, stop looking to society (satan) for your worth. Instead of looking at those magazines when your waiting in line at the store, look around and find someone to pray for. Remember you have a royal privelege and you have God's power---use it for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment