Saturday, July 11, 2009

On My Own

Today was a day that I should have turned to the scriptures first thing, but being human, I decided to try it on my own. Did I hear a snicker? Tonight I finally let God in to remind me that "We demolish arguments and every pretense that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." (2Corinthians 10:5)
EVERY thought. Not just brush aside negative thoughts, but DEMOLISH them! If I had held on to this scripture all day, I would not have taken the emotional roller coaster ride that I put myself on. (Then again I would not have had the productive incident with hubby, either!)
I found myself questioning God's wisdom. Yep. And it's lightening right now--hope I don't get struck :-) But really, I was having a hard time with a few of God's moves. A really hard time. I still don't "get" or even agree with these particular choices on His part. I know, who do I think I am? I have alot of nerve, don't I?
All I have to say at a time like this, is thank God. Thank God that He knew we would doubt and question and be pained over some of His doings. Thank God that He made promises to us so when we are in doubt we can be reminded of His goodness, love, faithfulness, control--in all things. Romans 8:28 says "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
I am counting on that. And I am taking EVERY thought captive. And I am praying to Him that I don't forget that He is right here with me, waiting for me to trust him in EVERYTHING and with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment