Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Instructions Mandatory

It scares me how few people must actually read their Bibles. I know that alot of people don't read it because they believe that if a person is good, they'll go to heaven. I guess, to alot of people, the Bible is like any other book of instructions--not worth reading. How many people actually read the instructions when they get something new? They're sure they can figure it out on their own. I get laughed at because I am a reader. I read everything. But guess what? When I read the directions before I start something--it goes quite well! Who's laughing now?
Back to our life instructions. If we read our Bible, then we know that good people don't automatically go to heaven. If you don't believe me, read your instruction manuel. You'll find it in Acts 16:31--"...Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved..." Also in John 14:6--Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." It doesn't matter how GOOD you are, how much money you donate, how many good deeds you do, how generous you are, if you don't believe in Jesus Christ you are not going to heaven!
We got out our books for devotions this morning and my daughter grabbed her Bible, looked up the scripture we needed and with a big smile on her face, exclaimed "Oh goody, I get to read what Jesus said!" ( His words were in red. ) It's all in the attitude. When you love someone, you want to learn all you can about them. When you love someone, you want the best for them.
I love my daughters and I want them to know The Truth. They love Jesus and are eager to learn about Him. The only thing that really matters in this life is to know the Creator. You owe it to yourself and your family to read the instructions our Heavenly Father provided for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment