Monday, July 6, 2009

Just say YES!!!

For several weeks my mom has been encouraging me to blog. I ignored her. I felt God whispering---yes, try it. I ignored Him. Well, have you ever tried to ignore God for very long? He doesn't give up easily and definitely doesn't like to be ignored. So.....I said YES and here I am.

I feel my time is better spent away from the computer, but my sole purpose in life is to please God and if this is the way to do it, I will obey. I actually ended up at this very point, starting a blog because of my friend at HomespunHappiness and her comments about our President suggesting moms go back to school. She is horrified at the thought and I 100% agree with her.
I have no argument with education, my argument is with the idea that children belong in daycare and women belong at work or furthering their education. God did not design us to desire the things of the world, but to love Him completely. If He has called you to work or to school then you obey. If He has called you to raise children and love your family--you obey. As for me, I love this scripture--"...but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires" Romans 8:5 .
And so I obey, and just say YES. Yes to whatever the Holy Spirit guides me to do, and ultimately that is what makes life simply sacred.

No comments:

Post a Comment